Your perfectly planned vacation sounds fancy on social media but when you pay huge sums for the same, or stay in a hotel where the facilities aren’t top notch, it’s not all that grand, right?
Be it the transaction fees, trip costs, hotel rates or beating hunger pangs after a long airport hauls, there are some unavoidable circumstances. But, every problem has a solution is what we firmly believe! Here’s a list of travel hacks which will help you travel better. Use them all, and promise yourself a hassle-free trip to your dream destination.
#1. Flight hacks
- Sign up for airline emails which will constantly keep you posted with the flight fares and the discount rates.
- Try booking your tickets on Tuesdays or Thursdays for you might be lucky enough to get a dip of 10% on your ticket charges.
- Travel during the shoulder season, i.e the month before or after the peak season. During this time, there’s a sure shot reduction of flight charges by 20% and this has been suggested by the experts at Pickyourtrail in one of their articles on travel hacks.
- Enable private browsing whilst you are checking for the flight rates. This is done to prevent the travel sites from tracking your IP and increase the cost of the flight tickets.
#2. Pre Travel Hacks
- Roll your clothes over folding. This occupies less space and gives you more room to keep other goods.
- Pack your socks or other tiny items of clothing inside a rolled shirt or dress since they require very less surface area.
- Carry a collapsible laundry bag.
- Once you are done with packing, place a dryer sheet on top of the clothes since they prevent them from smelling odd and also keep them fresh.
- Always scan your passport, important documents, itineraries and email them to yourself. By doing this, you’ll have a proof of everything in case of a theft or loss.
- Call up your bank and intimate them on your foreign travel for, they wouldn’t hold you for any suspicious activities during your tenure in the international lands.
- Mark all of your items of baggage as fragile. By doing so, your luggage will not only be safely handled but also be in the initial round of baggages sent out in the unit.
#3. During Travel
- Carry your own water bottle so that you don’t have to search for snack spots or wash basins to quench your thirst whilst waiting for your airlines.
- Hold your nose and blow out after the flight takes-off. This will clear your ear-block.
- Carry a pen before you reach the customs section. Most of the flight assistants will not have them and you might have to wait for someone to lend you which in turns delays your process.
- Press the button in the ring area of windows. You can tint the window glasses by doing so and this saves you from the morning bright light.
#4. On Arriving
- If you want access to the local currency on arriving at the airport, head to the nearest ATM machine and withdraw cash. The international debit charges will be lower than the charges held by the currency exchange unit. More currency related tips can be found here!
- Head to baggage claim as soon as possible. Waiting for baggage could be tedious, and waiting for it with an ample lot of crowd can never be entertaining.
- If you have checked-in at the hotel, unpack only the essentials. Taking out all the clothes and making yourself feel home could be very pleasing but, it’s never an easy task to repack the commodities.
- Check for the toiletries and neatness of the restroom before you start using it. If you find a dip in cleanliness, you can always ask for a reimbursement or reduction in the room rates.
Did you find these hacks useful? Let us know!
You can visit PickYourTrail to plan an itinerary of your choice, hand picked and customized as per your need.
Would you like to add your travel hacks to this post? Help us expand it with your inputs in the comments!